Making the World a better place with Information Systems
30th Australasian Conference on Information Systems
9-11 December 2019, Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle, Western Australia
Call for Doctoral Consortium Nominations
Nominations are invited for the Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS) 2019 Doctoral Consortium. The Consortium provides a unique opportunity for doctoral students in Information Systems to present their research to an audience of peers and senior faculty.
The Consortium focuses on providing constructive feedback to students on their research and provides students with an opportunity to:
- present their work in a supportive and constructive environment
- receive feedback and suggestions from peers and experienced faculty
- gain an overview of the breadth, depth, and directions of IS research
- discuss concerns about research, supervision, and other career-related issues
- network with peers, future colleagues and IS faculty
The Consortium is limited to 24 students. Candidates must be current doctoral students from a recognized university. Each IS department/school can nominate a maximum of 2 candidates and must rank their applications.
Ideally, the candidate should have chosen their theoretical approach, developed their methodology, and started their empirical work, but should at the time of the Consortium have at least 6-12 months of work remaining before expected completion.
- 11th Oct 2019 – Nomination deadline
- Notification of Acceptance
- 7th-2nd Dec 2019 – Doctoral Consortium
- A proposal that must use the attached DC-Proposal-Template to outline the candidate’s research topic, research question(s), key background literature, proposed methodology, current stage of the research, and plans for completion.
- A cover page showing (a) the candidate’s full name, affiliation (university and school/department), (b) all contact details including mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number(s), and (c) the names and emails of the candidate’s Ph.D. supervisors.
- A letter from the candidate’s Ph.D. supervisor or Head of School or equivalent, supporting the student’s nomination for the Consortium. Home institutions are encouraged to provide financial assistance to successful nominees in the form of travel and accommodation support and main conference registration.
- A covering note from the Head of School (or equivalent) ranking the nominations from their school/department.
Please submit 1, 2, 3, and 4. (above) as a single .pdf document to Doctoral Consortium Chairs.
Note: The language of the consortium is English. All submitted materials must be in English. Attendees must have sufficient proficiency in English to allow them to participate in the academic discussions of the Consortium.
At the Consortum
Further details about the Consortium program, mentors and keynotes will be posted at the Doctoral Consortium pages at ACIS2019 as details are finalized.
Extended Call for Papers
Doctoral Consortium Submission
Early Bird Registeration
Tutorial and Workshops